Due to Covid-19, programs and activities listed on this page may be modified or temporarily unavailable. Please contact the school for details.
Research has shown that students do better in school when their parents are involved.
Twenty-five hours of service are required per year per family, which not only helps to support the many causes and activities at St. Rose School, but also awards a tuition credit for families who complete. There is a large variety of volunteer activities parents can do to fulfill this requirement. Families report their service hours by completing the “Parents’ Service Hours Card” that is sent home once a year. The Parent Association sponsors two major fundraisers: The Annual Crab Feed and the Walk-A-Thon. Every family is asked to support the important fundraisers.
The proceeds from these events help to keep everyone’s tuition lower. St. Rose is blessed with many families who happily complete service hours over and above the required 25 hours. Research has shown that students do better in school when their parents are involved. For this reason, we hope all families will choose to complete their service hour requirement.
Below is a list of some of our volunteer needs at St. Rose. Our weekly newsletters will contain a listing of current service hour needs occasionally throughout the year. Parents should contact the person(s) coordinating activities/events to offer their services.
After School Sports : Coaching, Track Meet Workers
After School Players: Costume Design, Publicity, Flyers, Ticket, Sales, Provide Baked Goods, Backstage Helpers, Sets Design, Musical Accompaniment
School and Parish Events
- Crab Feed : Decorations Committee, Wine Donations Committee, Auction Committee, Set up, Clean Up.
- Parish Festival : Volunteers are always needed for a variety of events. Contact Parish Festival event chairpersons through the Parish.
- School Pictures Day: Help prepare the children for their school photos.
- Walk-A-Thon: Contact the Walk-A-Thon committee to learn more.
- Holy Thursday Activity
- Sunshine Committee: Contact the committee chair to learn more
- Halloween Carnival : Contact your head room parent for more information about booth preparation, set up and clean up.